The RPD Series is a flexible platform with excellent media compatibility. It was designed for a wide range of pressures.
- Excellent performance in both constant current and constant voltage applications
- Simple pressure attachment and electrical connection
- Designed for a soldered connection to wires, ribbon cable, or flex strip
- Medical inflation
- Water Pressure and flow management
- Industrial process control
What types of pressure sensors does Merit Sensor offer? Show Answer
Merit Sensor sells MEMS Piezoresistive Pressure Sensors.
What is a Piezoresistive MEMS pressure sensor and how does it work? Show Answer
Piezoresistive literally means electromechanical. Pressure exerted on the sensor causes a mechanical deflection of the silicon diaphragm. In turn, this mechanical deflection (essentially the deformation of the crystal lattice structure of silicon) causes a change to the electrical properties or output of the implanted resistors.
What are the various pressure types? Show Answer
Gage: pressure relative to atmospheric or ambient pressure
Absolute: pressure relative to a perfect vacuum or sealed reference — zero pressure
Differential: pressure exerted on both side of the diaphragm — the difference between two pressures
Vacuum: negative pressure or pressure applied in reverse